A hidden gem
Quite simply, the linked resorts Les Carroz, Samoens, Morillon and Flaine, have a great snow record – this from the Telegraph: “… Nearby Mont Blanc acts as a giant fridge. Despite its modest altitude – the Grandes Plattières ridge at the top of the ski area is at 2,480m – Flaine has a more reliable snow record than any other resort in Europe.”
At 265 kms this huge ski area rivals Val d’Isere and Tignes in size but is significantly less expensive.
And there really is something for everyone including:
- best value-for-money ski pass in France (more piste per Euro!)
- when everywhere else is shut…. Les Carroz is open!
- Les Carroz has a superb range of piste ability
- Superb tree skiing
- Floodlit, night-time skiing twice a week (7-10pm)
- Les Carroz in particular has some fantastic off piste
- Tandem parapente flights from the top of the Coin Coin (spectacular views)
From Les Carroz, the Heart of the Grand Massif, access is available to:
- the Marvel – a 5km green run that winds through the trees of Morillon with sudden, spectacular views. Keep your eyes open for the legendary Dahu – a creature with short left legs and long ones on thevright which enables him to navigate the mountain, fast,but only in an anti clockwise direction.
- 10 Mile (15km) blue run ‘Cascade’ off the Grands Plattieres in Flaine
- Click here to see our ski the Grand Massif video
- Jam Park (for kids and courageous parents) in Samoens
- Boarder Cross and Jam Park in Flaine
- the huge, tireless and (even after 10 years of skiing) still-exciting, off-piste Gers bowl – experts only!
How does it look in Les Carroz right now?
Whats in store for the next 5 days?
Flexi-Booking & Short Transfers
Call 02034 756 746